(Original 05-14-2011) I was following John Muchow’s tutorial “Distribute Ad Hoc Applications over the air OTA“. It worked as expected until the last step, when I click the link on my iPad 1, it says “can not download the app…”.
Did google on this, found one relevant discussion on stackoverflow. I was using my web hosting company web interface uploading the file, so I switched to ftp, changed to binary mode. Same results.
I realized my iPad 1 was still at iOS 4.2.1, while my Xcode was building 4.3 target. So I changed the target to 4.2 (in Xcode => Project Setting => build target), and repeated relevant steps in the tutorial (mainly to create the .ipa and .plist). Things worked after I made the change.